It's an unfortunate fact that most Practices don't give Backup and Disaster Recovery Strategies the attention that they deserve - until it's too late.
With most practices now storing both Clinical and Administrative data on their systems, it's more important than ever to make certain that your data is backed up reliably and securely.
Did you know?
- Most SQL based EHR systems require special backup routines and techniques - traditional backup systems WILL NOT secure your data
- One backup system or method is not good enough to safeguard your critical data. Remember that no one jumps out of an airplane wearing just one parachute
- Backup systems do fail - more often then you might think. That's why dilligent attention to backup logs and periodic testing is critical
- RAID (Redundant Disk Arrays) in your fileserver are great, but they are not a replacement for a backup system
- Backup and Business Continuity Plans are a required component of HITECH Meaningful Use
You owe it to yourself and your practice to ensure that you have safe and secure backups as well as a functional Disater Recovery / Business Continuity Plan in place. Contact Systematix today for more information.